April 18, 2008 - w/ ZOOROPA - Luna, Royal Oak, MI
- What a treat it was to play with these guys! A night of magic, truely. I also did an opening acoustic set with good friend JOHN PIASENTIN on lead guitar. We covered U2's "A Sort of Homecoming" to start the night off right, and previewed our Jeff Buckley cover for the big tour. The Zooropa set was fantastic, and these guys are nothing short of a total class act. The crowd was warm and friendly and did a whole lot of dancing.
March 27, 2008 - w/ MELLOTRON - TNT's, Clinton Township, MI
March 15, 2008 - w/ MELLOTRON - The Token Lounge, Livonia, MI
February 29, 2008 - w/ MELLOTRON - I-Rock, Detroit,MI
February 1, 2008 - w/ MELLOTRON - The Ritz, Warren, MI
- The day of yet another blizzard here in Eastern Michigan ... but by the time the night descended upon us, the roads had cleared and people came out in droves to catch our show. What a wild night! A great audience was there for us, probably the most receptive ever - demanding an encore at the end (which we couldn't do due to the scheduling of multiple bands). Our night was plagued by technical problems, but despite that, one of the most fun shows we've done.
January 18, 2008 - w/ MELLOTRON - The Token Lounge, Livonia, MI
- This was a wild crazy night with a completely awesome crowd in attendance. They were loud, vocal and very friendly. The performance was a bit loose from a musical standpoint, but we were really happy to be connecting with the audience, and making new friends on the West Side!
January 10, 2008 - SOLO PERFORMANCE - Wild Bill's Chicken Ranch, Utica, MI
- A cool night with a great crowd that arrived late in the evening. Better late than never, right? Got to play quite a few originals by audience request, and caught the Wing's game on the big screen (too bad we lost that one though.)
December 30, 2007 - SOLO PERFORMANCE - Old Town Tavern, MI
- It was definitely a treat to play here. An attentive audience that really appreciates musicians and their original music. Apparently, this is the norm in this quaint, friendly place in the heart of Ann Arbor. I was happy to be part of their Sunday Music series and especially thank KoggsMarc Entertainment for getting me in there. Unloaded some CD's and made new friends. Although it wasn't my first time playing while sick with the flu (yuk!); I made it through and am so glad I did. Also big thanks to Kurt and Kelly and all of their friends for making the trip out there ... and to Bryan and Roger from the Mellotron crew!
December 26, 2007 - w/ MELLOTRON - The Elbow Room, Ypsilanti, MI
- Bands: Don't ever bother playing here. Period. Unless you're into having a narcissistic and overly bitter sound guy / bar owner tell you how great he runs sound, only to turn around and create the worst live mix this band has ever heard. He was successful in negating how good we actually are, and all the time we've put into practicing our songs. I wouldn't say it was a complete waste of time, as we made a few new fans; and that is cool ... although they have no idea what we sound like.
December 13, 2007 - SOLO PERFORMANCE - Wild Bill's Chicken Ranch, Utica, MI
- My good friends Mary Beth, Pam and Mike all showed up to support me for this return to the former "Shuck's" venue. Cool night.
December 1, 2007 - w/ MELLOTRON - I-Rock Nightclub, Detroit, MI
- Uh, wow. We crushed skulls. The place is still recovering and rebuilding. A great time and special thanks to my friends in The Forgotten Sons as well as to Eric Fischer for making the trip out in terrible winter weather to see us!
November 16, 2007 - w/ THE SCOTT THOMPSON BAND - The Berkeley Front, Berkeley, MI
- Another great time on stage with local heroes Gary Lock, Eric Fischer and John Piasentin of SPACE NELSON helping me out. I covered Marillion's "Beautiful" and The Who's "Pinball Wizard" before welcoming the band on stage to run through half of the "All The Wisdom" CD. Special thanks to all our friends who made the trip out to see us all that night.
October 13, 2007 - SOLO PERFORMANCE - Outside the Breslin Center, MSU, East Lansing, MI
- Hats off to Molly and Perry Olson for putting on such a great party! Have no idea who won the football game ... but I can tell you the party was quite festive, the MSU people were the coolest and the tailgating was legendary! Thanks again for allowing me to jam some tunes out there!
October 6, 2007 - w/ GHOSTDANSE - Harvey's on the Mall, Kalamazoo, MI
- A truely unforgettable night for me, as a musician and as a person in general. Hats off to the guys in the band for being able to make this happen. Read my letter to the band and see some reviews of the show at www.myspace.com/ghostdanseband
Awesome night, perfect venue ... a reunion worth waiting for!
September 8, 2007 - SOLO PERFORMANCE - Knot Just a Bar, Bay Harbor, MI
- Although I had to make the round trip up to Petosky with no sleep, the show was well worth it. I had a great time and finally met Michelle Chenard, who is a prominent musician up there. Very cool. The staff were great as always and the large crowd couldn't get enough!
August 24, 2007 - SOLO PERFORMANCE, Cowley's, Farmington, MI
- Another great night at one of my favorite places to play. Special thanks to Bryan and Roger from Jestdefy (and fourteen other bands I think!) for stopping by. Gotta watch out for that Oberon stuff guys ... it's way powerful!
July 28, 2007 - w/ MELLOTRON and THE FORGOTTEN SONS, Toxic Bash, St Clair Shores, MI
- Another Toxic Bash has gone down for the books. The weather was great and the crowd enjoyed a day of metal and prog. Very good time and as a bonus, I was able to get my boat out of there without a scratch! :)
July 25, 2007 - w/ MELLOTRON - Royal Oak Music Theater, Royal Oak, MI
- The "sneak preview" show of my latest venture: the prog-metal powerhouse "Mellotron." Way cool to be playing on that stage. The response was very good and we had a great time on stage. Ask Tony, "the gatekeeper" about the after-show story on this one!
July 19, 2007 - SOLO PERFORMANCES - Madonna University, Livonia, MI
- Special thanks again to my aunt Kathleen for hooking this one up for me. I played at Project Access Hollywood ("PAH-Fest") Festival which is put on by Christopher Coppola and featured Elmore Leonard this year. Very cool event, they even web-casted it! Check it out at http://www.pahnation.com/webcast12.php
June 29, 2007 - SOLO PERFORMANCE - Forte, Birmingham, MI
June 16, 2007 - SOLO PERFORMANCE - Cowley's, Farmington, MI
- A really fun one. Crowd was decent despite my not knowing any of them. They were attentive and friendly. Hung out and played darts with the bar owner after the show and didn't get out until about 3 am! Most notable about the night was the achievement of a new musical milestone - someone I don't know requested a song off my CD ... cool!
June 10, 2007 - CD RELEASE PARTY! - Kraftbrau, Kalamazoo, MI
- An another amazing night for me ... People I hadn't seen in more than five years were there to see the show; and good friends Gary Lock, Martin Klemm, Jeff Moehle and Bob Wallis rounded out the experience with their performances as well. Bob and Jeff both did amazing sets of their own music. And the crowd ... well, not that large, but very cool and very into the night's mood. A special moment was playing "Higher You Fly" with Bob on piano. I almost got a little choked up when I realized there wasn't a sound in the whole building, because everyone was taking it all in. This, in addition to the subject matter of the song itself, was a very moving experience. We closed the night with, you guessed it, "Surrender" in grand rocking style! I can't say enough about these guys who I got to share the stage with, and the great city of Kalamazoo that gave me another unforgettable evening!